Sunday, November 15, 2009

Speed Scrap and a New Freebie Collab Kit--Well Kind of

There's a Speed Scrap tomorrow. Here are the details.

Flyer linked to the forum

Beautiful Participation prize:


Well, I have a funny story to share with you that goes along with this new kit. Several Weeks ago De aka Flower Scraps and I decided to do a collab. I sent her over some color swatches along with some possible names of kits. Well, there were two color swatches with the same name a Gratitude and a Gratitude 2. She wrote back and said she really like the Gratitude colors and thought we should go with that. Sounded good to me, so we both went on our merry ways creating our kits. Well, she sent me her previews and I wasn't quite done with my kit so I didn't look. I didn't want her previews to persuade me into changing what I already had done. Once I was done, I finally pulled up her previews and kept looking at it. Something was different. I couldn't figure out how she could have gotten some of the colors of her papers and elements with the colors we were using. It finally dawned on me to go take a peak at all the color swatches I sent to her. Well, I looked and realized that I used the Gratitude 1 swatch and she used the Gratitude 2 swatch. I just sat there and laughed and laughed! To me it was so funny. So, while this is meant to be a collab, it's actually ended up being two separate kits with the same name. Too funny!

Having just said all of that, I present to you Gratitude. First take a look at the beautiful layouts my CT has created.
Monica

Tracy
Becky
Lina
And Mine
Take a look at my full kit preview
And Here's Flower Scraps. Isn't it beautiful! Similar colors, yet completely different! Click on her preview to head to her blog to download. If it's not quite up yet, be patient!
Here are the papers you get. Click on preview to download. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 15 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 16 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

Peg said...

Too funny about the swatches! Both kits turned out fabulous though!! Thank you!

Rebecca said...

LOL! Both look lovely!!! Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Lynna said...

Both kits are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the kit and the story! :-)

makeyesup said...

Thanks for the papers. It may be 2 different swatches; however, they sure seem to mesh beautifully.

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Nov. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

Anna said...

thanks for the freebie! too cute!

Anonymous said...

love these kits--thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Fabulous kits, Kath!!!

Michele said...

Cool colors even if they aren't quite the same swatches! lol Thanks!

Raquel said...

Thanks for sharing great kit

TerriM said...

Thanks for the papers. Hugs! (terri - hawaii)

tiggconn said...

Gorgeous kit! TFS!!

singapore florist said...

love the military one.